WINTER IN CHAMONIX
- - 182 km of legendary slopes: Chamski ski area (Lognan-Les Grands Montets, Le Tour Vollorcine, Brévent, Flégère, Planards Savoy) located between 1,050 m and 3,295 m altitude.
- - Nordic skiing: two distinct cross-country skiing areas that can be linked if snow cover permits.
- - Snowshoeing: absolute peacefulness and discovery of the region’s fauna and flora.
- - Dog sledding: a meditative ride with a dozen sled dogs and a musher driving the pack or even initiation in dog-sled driving.
- - Kids’ special: Toboggan runs and adventure courses, pony and horse rides, trips to the Saint Bernard breeding kennels, skate park, via ferrata, ice-skating rink and much more.
- - Aiguille du Midi cable car: Located right next to the 4-star Hotel & Spa, Europe’s highest cable car invites you on a unique journey between sky and land, from Chamonix centre to the intermediate stop, the departure point for mountaineering routes and for the ski slopes of the Chamonix, Montenvers and Alpine peaks and the Vallée Blanche. The 2nd stretch of the journey takes you to the 4 panoramic terraces located at a height of 3,842 m that offer an outstanding vista of the highest peaks of Europe. One of France’s top 10 most visited sites and greatly prized by holidaymakers, mountaineers and skiers, the Aiguille du Midi is the gateway for climbing Mont Blanc.